Monday, January 14, 2008

Balsamic - Marinated Chicken, My Version

You can find the original recipe here.

2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP honey
2 TBSP canola or vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
2-4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces

Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Pour into large heated skillet. Cook uncovered, stirring often. Cook until chicken is done and sauce has reduced to desired level.

Makes 4-5 generous servings.

Notes:

* I like to brown my chicken pretty good. Not burn but definitely brown and done. Also, I occasionally add teryaki or soy sauce. I find the sauce already has an Asian flavor to it so these store-bought sauces just add to it.

* Before cooking chicken I like to saute 1 medium onion. I also saute about 1 cup of chopped carrots until they are slightly browned but not completely cooked. Set carrots and onion aside. Use same skillet for chicken.

* When chicken is almost done add carrots, onions & about 1 cup of raw bite-sized broccoli. The amounts of vegetables really depends on how many you are feeding and how much you like each vegetable. I always serve this dish over rice.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Stephanie. My hubby is going to love it. The kids all love broccoli, so it's sure to be a hit in my house.

    ReplyDelete

Stephanie's Mommy Brain in the Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP