Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Meatloaf the Stephanie Way

1 pound of ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped and browned
1 tsp garlic powder
1 egg
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (seasoned can be used)
2 TBSP Italian Seasoning Mix
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in large bowl being sure to mix well. I find it easiest to use my hands rather than a spoon. Place in appropriate sized loaf pan. Cook in oven preheated to 350*.

Optional: My husband loves it when I put a layer of cheddar cheese in the middle of the loaf. I've also made "Meat Muffins" so that he can have cheese in his and I can have mine without.

Makes 4-5 adult sized servings.

***My Notes: This is totally my recipe. I don't actually follow a set recipe I'm more of a dump-it-in-until-it-looks-good kind of cook. All that to say if you don't like the flavorings play with it. = ) Also, I like mine more tomato-y than Joel does so I pour ketchup over the top of my serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stephanie's Mommy Brain in the Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP